We are looking for the caliber of people who will embrace and further our mission and vision.
If The Participation House Project (Durham Region) sounds like a place you’d like to contribute your skills and expertise as you further your career, we’d like for you to apply.
- To provide exceptional residential support services
- Tofacilitate meaningful life experiences for people with physical and developmental disabilities
- To recognize and encourage personal growth
- To support community presence and enhance life experiences in a valued and meaningful way
Candidates must have an unconditional positive regard for individuals with disabilities along with their hopes, dreams, desires and the importance of community inclusion. Applicants must be able to handle the pressures of working in a public environment while exercising patience and being responsive to crisis situations.
Direct Support Professional
The Direct Support Professional is part of a team that ensures each resident living within their living environment has the opportunity and support for independence, learning and self-expression according to their individual abilities and preferences. The employees help to create and maintain a comfortable home environment, provide assistance with activities of daily living and active participation of the client in the community.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma or degree in a relevant area of study
- Valid Ontario Drivers License and willingness to drive agency van
- Valid First Aid and C.P.R. Certificate
- Pharmacology Training
- Valid CPI or Safe Management Certificate is an asset
- Demonstrated organizational ability
- Demonstrated understanding of nutrition
- Demonstrated knowledge in writing and implementation of client skill acquisition programs
- Must be computer literate including working knowledge of Word processing and Internet
- Competency in written and verbal communication
- Ability in conflict resolution and personnel interaction
- Ability to work independently but within a team environment
- Current Criminal Reference Check (no older than 8 months)
- Current Medical Note certifying freedom from communicable diseases, Hep B, TB and physically and mentallyable to undertake duties of Personal Support Professional
The Participation House Project (Durham Region) welcomes your interest in our organization as well as submission of your resume and/or application. Although our organization may not always be hiring, your resume/application will be kept on file for a one year period. Due to the volume of resumes/applications that are received, it is regretted that confirmation of receipt of your resume/application is not possible. Once the hiring process is begun, all suitable candidates will be contacted
Please submit your resume via email at email@example.com; or fax: 905-579-528; Mail or in person to the head office: 55 Gordon Street, Suite 1, Whitby ONL1N 0J2