At The Participation House Project (Durham Region) we are committed to helping employers be successful in hiring people with disabilities so that everyone benefits. For persons with a disability, success can mean securing meaningful employment with competitive wages. For the employer having a reliable employee with great work ethics is an assurance of a successful business.
Why hire a person with a disability?
- According to a DuPont study of employees, those who have a disability scored average, or above average in attendance ratings.
- A Harris study found that 39 percent of workers who have a disability to be more reliable than other workers.
- 97 percent of workers who have a disability rate as average to above average in terms of safety on the job.
- As Employees: People who have disabilities are an untapped labour pool of dedicated and reliable individuals in your community. They work hard, perform well on the job and have excellent attendance ratings.
What are the benefits?
- Reduce turnover in your staff
- Reduce time and cost in recruiting new employees
- Recruitment of dedicated, honest and skilled employees
- A diverse workforce representing the community
What can PH provide you?
- We provide a hassle free process, with no detailed paperwork
- We provide individual, on site job training and follow up supports
- Matching of skills with your needs
For further information
If you are a business interested in learning more about the opportunity to provide meaningful employment to someone we support, please contact Gerry Marshall, Employment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org