COLLECTIVE BARGAINING UPDATES
Sent without Prejudice or Precedence
Friday May 31, 2019
Dear Family Members and Valued Stakeholders,
RE: LABOUR DISRUPTION
We are contacting you today to advise you of the potential labour disruption at The Participation House Project (Durham Region).
As you may be aware, the Collective Bargaining Agreement between The Participation House Project (Durham Region) and CUPE Local 2936-01 expired on March 31, 2018. Since January 2018 the parties have been actively negotiating to establish a new Agreement.
Despite these efforts and the presentation of a Final Offer from the Employer with provision of thousands in stipends + significant wage increases CUPE Local 2936-01 have filed for a NO BOARD and have not accepted the Final Offer.
As an outcome of these actions PH employees/employer will be in a legal strike or lock-out position Effective Monday June 10th, 2019 at 12:01am. While we are hopeful and committed to reach an agreement and avoid labour disruption we have begun our strike planning to ensure service continuity.
MEMOS Pertaining to Negotiations
- Committment to Continuous Communication–May 30-19
- Commitment to Continuous Communication-May 31-19
- Committment to Continuous Communication-The Real Deal on New Classification
- Commitment to Continuous Communication- June 4 2019
- Final Offer
- Committment to Continuous Communication- June 5th Information Sharing Meeting
- Commitment to Continuous Communication- June 7 2019
- Commitment to Continous Communication -Labour Disruption Requirements -J…
- Negotiations update – June 9, 2019
- Participation House Project -Durham Region -Negotiations STATUS UPDATE
We are looking for the caliber of people who will embrace and further our mission and vision. If The Participation House Project (Durham Region) sounds like a place you’d like to contribute your skills and expertise as you further your career, we’d like for you to apply.
Check out the different ways you can join us!