Welcome to the first ever Non-profit Sector Week of Appreciation! This week we want to recognize our staff for their essential work during this extremely challenging pandemic. Staff who work in this sector are natural leaders, resilient and creative in supports for people!
Day One: It celebrates the vital role nonprofits and workers play in creating and maintaining healthy, vibrant & inclusive communities in Ontario:https://fb.watch/bah43a7lpM/
Day Two: It’s #NonprofitAppreciationWeek! Did you know the nonprofit sector in Ontario employs nearly 850,000 people and contributes $65 billion to the economy? Together, let’s celebrate Ontario’s nonprofits and their dedication to our communities! https://www.facebook.com/participationhouseproject/photos/a.739687499432535/4942169159184327
#nfpappreciationweek; #bestjobontario; #onpoli; #PHChampions; #nonprofit; #cdnpoli; #DevelopmentalServicesMatter; #invisiblechampions; #WeekofRecognition
Let’s celebrate Ontario’s nonprofits
Nonprofit Appreciation Week is a new recognition of Ontario’s nonprofit sector and its nearly 850,000 workers. It’s based on legislation to recognize nonprofit workers and organizations by the Government of Ontario, Bill 9, Nonprofit Sector Appreciation Week, 2021.
It is championed by MPP Daisy Wai and the Bhayana Family Foundation, and celebrates the vital role nonprofits and workers play in creating and maintaining healthy, vibrant and inclusive communities in Ontario.
5 ways to join in the celebration
- Join the conversation on social media through #NAW2022 (download a social media toolkit)
- Share this new infographic about Ontario’s nonprofit sector
- Don’t forget to tag your MPP and local nonprofits
- Amplify messages about Nonprofit Appreciation Week in your communities, and to your local newspaper or radio station
- Join the official virtual launch on February 14, 2022. Details to come!